Management by Angelo Kinicki



Book is very up-to-date, has lots of quotes and presents material in an orderly, basic fashion in layman's terms. Easy to follow and lots of examples and situations that are relevant in today's business climate.

Blending scholarship and imaginative writing, ASU business professor Kinicki (of Kreitner/Kinicki Organizational Behavior 9e) and writer Williams (of Williams/Sawyer Using Information Technology 7e and other college texts) have created a highly readable introductory management text with a truly unique student-centered layout that has been well received by today’s visually oriented students. The authors present all basic management concepts and principles in “bite-size” chunks, 2- to 6-page sections, to optimize student learning and also emphasize the practicality of the subject matter. In addition, instructor and students are given supported by a wealth of classroom-tested resources.

From the Author
Why did I write this book?  People frequently ask me why I decided to write a Principles of Management text book.  The answer is three fold. First, I wanted to write a book on this topic because of my desire to influence how students, who surely will be future managers in many industries, think about management.  In a small way, I hope that our book positively impacts the way managers manage, thereby having a positive effect on the lives of others.  My goal is to influence the lives of others!  The second reason revolves around my consulting experience.  I have consulted with hundreds of organizations around the world and I wanted to infuse my textbook writing with this experience.  This experience has helped Brain Williams, my coauthor, and I to write a very practical book.  The third reason revolves around Brian.   He is an accomplished book writer who has the ability to make the complex understandable.  He is a beautiful writer.  Our plan was to integrate my academic, consulting, and book writing background with Brian's skills to produce a book that was truly unique.  We also envisioned a layout for the book that had not been developed at the time.  Our layout, which looks more like a magazine, is now being copied by other publishers.  We hope you like the final product.
Users of this book can expect to find an up-to-date, practical, interesting, and easy to read treatment about principles of management.